Money Service Businesses


There is currently no legislation from the Montana Division of Banking regulating Money Service Businesses (MSBs). MSBs do not have to be licensed with the Division. However, they do need to be registered as a business with the Montana Secretary of State.

To see what qualifies as a money transmitter, please visit the United States Department of Treasury website.


Enter Title